If you have a plasma or LCD TV, you need a stand for it. Whether you need a plasma TV stand or an LCD TV stand, you might have questions about your choices. TV stands come in a wide array of choices, including a white LCD TV stand, glass plasma TV stand, wood plasma TV stand, and corner plasma TV stand. Depending on your home, you might like a plasma TV floor stand, a plasma TV table stand, a swivel plasma TV stand, or a black LCD TV stand.
TV stands also have a range of sizes to suit different TVs, such as a 40 inch LCD TV stand, 50 inch plasma TV stand, 42 inch plasma TV stand, and 32 inch LCD TV stand. Some people prefer an LCD TV stand cabinet or LCD TV swivel stand, while others like an LCD TV table stand or LCD TV wall stand.
Plasma and LCD TVs are relatively new to the electronics market, although the prototype for a plasma monitor was developed in 1964. However, it wasn’t until the advent of digital technologies that plasma TVs were introduced. Plasma TVs use tiny cells trapped between two sheets of glass, which hold gases. The gas is converted to plasma, emitting light. Plasma TVs are heavy, requiring a sturdy table or wall mount. LCDs also have a flat panel design, allowing them to be either wall mounted or free standing. They are lightweight, so you might not need quite as heavy of a TV stand, but you still want a quality, attractive piece.
Whether you have a plasma TV or an LCD TV, Price Inspector can help you buy the perfect TV stand, one that fits your home and your budget. We shop the UK stores to find cheap prices, and our buying guide gives you the information to select the best TV stand for you.
External sites of interest
Types of TV stands
Depending on your room, there are a number of different options regarding the design of the TV stand.
- Corner TV stands: These fit neatly into any corner, maximizing the focus on the TV. These are also good space savers.
- Entertainment Centres: An entertainment centre offers a complete multimedia storage system, as well as showcasing your TV. They may offer additional features such as accent lights.
- Extra-wide TV stands: This style is great for supporting a large-screen TV.
- Plasma TV stands: These are specifically designed for plasma TVs. They are wider than regular TV stands, making them perfect for the wider width of a plasma TV.
- Swivel TV stands: These let you swivel the TV to give optimum viewing angle regardless of where you are sitting. It also lets you avoid glare on the screen.
- There are also a few design choices, letting you select the TV stand that will best fit your home design.
- Contemporary designs blend the features of traditional, modern, and casual designs, usually featuring curved, tempered lines. If you choose a neutral design, a contemporary TV stand can blend with any décor.
- Modern TV stands offer a streamlined design, and may feature highly polished surfaces or geometric designs. Common materials include metal or glass.
- Traditional TV stands are influenced from a range of periods, from Roman antiquity, Queen Anne, or the Colonial period. These stands may feature carving and are usually wood or wood finishes.
There are many popular brands of TV stands, as most TV manufacturers also provide a wide range of TV stands designed to complement their TVs. With the current focus on environmental impacts, you might be interested in the manufacturers’ environmental stances.
- Panasonic plasma TV stand and Panasonic LCD TV stand: They have a focus on environmental sustainability and protection, dating back to their founding. They are focused on sustainable use of natural resources in both their electronics and their TV stands.
- Philips LCD TV stand: With their focus on sustainable products and improving the lives of their customers, Philips is focused on preventative measures to preserve the environment. Since the 1970s, they have led the industry in eco-friendly research.
- Pioneer plasma TV stand: Pioneer participates in the global environmental protection efforts, operating their business with a commitment to preserving the environment. They are committed to listening to the communities they serve regarding responsible business practices.
- Samsung plasma TV stand and Samsung LCD TV stand: Samsung is focused on green management, integrity management, social contribution, and partner collaboration. All of their business practices are focused on eco-friendly products and processes.
- Sharp LCD TV stand: Sharp’s LCD TV manufacturing facility in Japan uses one of the world’s largest solar energy systems, and they have long been a leader in solar cell research and production. All of their facilities are committed to eliminating waste and the production of greenhouse gases.
- Toshiba LCD TV stand: Toshiba is committed to people and the future, with corporate social responsibility being one of their company’s cornerstone initiatives. They focus on the environment, education, community relations, and philanthropy.