WWE Toys Guide - An Introduction
WWE, or World Wresting Enterprises, is a professional wrestling business that combines wrestling with acting and theater. They are the largest professional wrestling organization in the world. Formerly known as the World Wrestling Federation, or WWF, they promote using three brands: SmackDown, Raw, and ECW. They also have three heavyweight world championships: The World Heavyweight Championship, the WWE Championship, and the ECW Championship.
The WWE gained great popularity in the mid-1980s with WrestleMania, which moved from pure wrestling to sports entertainment. Their stars, Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage, dominated the market for the next several years. In the 1990s, the staged feuds started a new era of wrestling, with fans now favouring the “bad guy” instead of the “good guy.” WWE wrestling started to take more of a street fighting approach.
The popularity of wrestling has created an entire line of related merchandise. From action figures of your favourite characters to clothing and DVDs, there are many choices for WWE items. Temporary tattoos, bedroom accessories, and games are also available in WWE themes.
If you want to buy WWE toys, Price Inspector is the best place to shop. Our buying guide will help you find what you want to buy, and then we bring you the cheapest prices. Our Inspectors comparison-shop the UK stores to locate the best prices on the best WWE merchandise.
Some of the most common items are the WWE action figure collections. All of your favourite wrestling characters are represented with their own figure. Once you have collected a few figures, and you can stage your own wrestling match with a wrestling ring. The Stunt Action Spring Ring provides a simple mat surrounded by ropes. Like the real WWE rings, the mat is padded so the action figures bounce when you fling them on the mat. The turnbuckles are also padded for authenticity, and the WWE logo is printed on the mat.
Another way to play is with the Micro Aggression Crash & Bash Elimination Chamber. This play set comes with four exclusive 5cm micro figures and has more than 10 battle features. There’s an entrance stage, and you can leap off stairs, catapult, blast open the doors, or fly your figures with the sling shot. It’s portable enough to take anywhere.
When deciding on your action figures to use with the ring or chamber, here are some of the more popular characters:
- Batista includes tennis shoes, knee-length shorts, and his signature arm bands.
- Big Show’s action figure comes with his signature arm and leg tattoos, one-shoulder wrestling singlet, and boots.
- CM Punk: With the Flexforce Hook Throwin’ figure, you will get steps that the figure can jump from, as well as a chair and trash can for throwing at his opponent. Pull back his arms or legs to power his signature throwing moves.
- Deuce: The Build & Brawler figure comes with t-shirt, jeans, elbow pads, wrist bands, and wrestling shoes. It comes with a buildable accessory piece, and is recommended for children ages 8 and up. If you collect all 8 figures, you can build your own wrestling ring.
- Edge: You can get an Edge action figure complete with a kid-sized heavyweight championship belt. The belt has an adjustable waist and is meant for children 8 and older. Now your child can be a champion just like Edge.
- JBL: This muscular action figure shows JBL in his 2008 Royal Rumble gear, which includes wrestling trunks, knee pads, wrist bands, and boots. It is recommended for children ages 8 and up.
- Jeff Hardy: This figure comes with shoulder-length gloves, mask, tank top, and pants. Although Jeff Hardy is no longer in the WWE, he is still a top seller. He is undergoing legal troubles due to drug possession.
- John Cena: You can get a John Cena action figure that lets you replicate his famous moves, and it comes with a face print chair, making it look like he dented the chair with his opponent’s face.
- Matt Hardy: The Flexforce Matt Hardy figure comes with a ladder and breakaway table to create exciting moves.
- Randy Orton: This figure comes complete with tattoos, t-shirt, wrestling shorts, wrist bands, and boots.
- Triple H: In the Entrance Greats series, the Triple H figure is dressed in an authentic, intricate entrance costume. The figure wears a crown and championship belt, and the cape has massive furry shoulders. The base for the figure plays Triple H’s famous entrance theme song.
- Undertaker: With the Flexforce Fist action figure, you’ll get Undertaker in his in-ring costume, plus you’ll get a music speaker mounted on a tower. Use it for climbing and leaping at your opponent, or maybe you want him to throw it.
- Get Rory McAllister and Robbie McAllister in a two-pack of action figures. They come complete with their matching kilts and boots.
- Rey Mysterio is a masked wrestling character, so any action figure should come complete with his mask. This 3-time WWE Cruiserweight Champion will add an exciting element to your collection. With the Flexforce action figure, pull his arms or legs and then release them. The figure will execute Mysterio’s signature flip kicking moves.
Other Toys and Games
When it comes to wrestling toys, you’re not just limited to action figures. WWE fans have several games and toys to choose from, including:
- The 2010 edition of Smackdown vs. Raw has recently been released. It is available for all the major gaming systems, including PS3, Xbox, and Wii. There are variations in the game in the different versions, but the basics are the same. The game provides an authentic and entertaining simulation of your favourite WWE programming. You get creation tools, a Superstar roster, and franchise improvements, plus a few surprises. You’ll have the freedom to create and customize your gaming experience.
- If you buy a video game, consider getting the strategy guide to help maximize your gaming fun.
- The WWE DVD board game puts you in the role of a WWE manager. Buy superstars to create your team, and then try to collect the championship titles. It comes with a game board, WWE cash, and 3D WWE ring. The DVD has 8 games with new content. The game features 23 Smackdown and 23 Raw superstars. It also has 6 dice, shop cards, chaos cards, and score belts to keep track of your status. Win your matches to become the top contender, or lose and get fired. The game is for 2 to 8 players and requires a TV and DVD player.
- Your little WWE fans will love a WWE lunch bag. A top-selling version features the images of John Cena, Randy Orton, and Triple H. You can also get a matching backpack to complete the package.
- With the WWE Top Trumps game, you’ll choose your character’s best statistic to try to beat your opponent’s card. This game features the top talents from in and out of the ring. Relive classic battles with all your favourites.
- You can also buy replica costumes for some of the characters, such as Rey Mysterio masks or replica pants.